The rebirth of Informix 4GL
The rebirth of Informix 4GL
Full stack for the I4GL application development
Maximize the technical capacity of your classic apps or set off on the new development.
Run your I4GL apps in a modern and technologically open context.
Lycia goes with the neutral system theme out of the box.
Create your own and customize the look and feel of your apps or even go for their complete rebranding.
Lycia provides a wide choice of interface components, including those essential for smooth conversion of classic 4GL applications.
Your I4GL apps will work out of the box
Highly customizable (CSS, Themes) web and desktop clients
Intermediate Representation (IR)
Cross-platform, independent of the source and target languages
Futures and Streams
Scalable, flexible, secure
For batch operations
Lycia 4GL Compiler
Digital Transformation of I4GL applications
- All 4GL programs compiled by Lycia automatically become web services with a REST API.
- Availability of the services to the outside is up to the system manager.
- Hot deployment possibility of all such programs with no need to log off before update.
- Programs are containerised and float around the cloud with no need to inform the clients/end users.
- Automatic/Manual Load Balancing is easy to do using standard tools.
- The front end can be enhanced using CSS as well as other extensions in the language.
- All programs are Accessibility enabled and run through any standard modern browser.
- JSON, XML, Java integration, messaging, and Streaming are also part of the Lycia 4GL language.
- Other languages can easily interact with Lycia programs.
- All programs are compiled to LLVM and use sophisticated optimisation technique to achieve exceptional performance.
Graphic Form Designer
- Build up your form in visual editor, and Form Designer will generate simple & clear XML for you
- The form preview in the design area updates in real time, even when changes are made manually to the XML. Lycia supports the round-trip editing of design and code view and always keeps them in sync
- Easily style your forms using CSS or by applying themes
Extensive audit of your source code
- Static 4GL code analyzer integrated into LyciaStudio
- Intuitive GUI enables efficiency and keeps focus on a job
- Programs, libs, their contained modules and forms
- Project modules, functions and their parameters, callee and caller views for direct and indirect function calls (list and diagram view), table usage, indication of duplicates, and more
- Database tables, caller view for direct and indirect table usage (list and diagram view), columns details, links to the related functions and modules
- ! Available in the commercial license only
Bring new developers up to speed quickly, save time spent on manual peer reviews, and protect business continuity
- MS SQL Server
- XML & JSON API
- Web Services API
- Interface with Java/C/C++
- Utils/Math API
Eclipse-based graphical IDE
- Project Manager
- Visual Debugger
- Version Control
- Code Editor
- Graphic Form Designer
- Static 4GL Code Analyzer
“Lycia allows an unexpectedly high ROI by preserving your invaluable applications that have been working for years, while turning them into modern applications”
Eric Vercelletto Member of the Board of Directors of IIUG, President at Guide-SHARE France, groupe Informix
“It has always seemed that when you purchase Lycia or any of their other products you aren’t buying software but are being granting membership in the Querix family”
Art S. Kagel President and Principal Consultant at ASK Database Management
“With Lycia you get an easy to learn yet powerful programing language, interfaces to Java and C, plus built-in Web services tools, a fully featured IDE, Desktop and Web Deployment, access to CVS systems from the IDE, compatibility with Windows and Linux, and, compared to its competitors, Lycia generates binary executable files, not p-code”
Ivan Vega Herrera CEO at VH Interactive Studios