The rebirth of Informix 4GL
The rebirth of Informix 4GL
All-in-one software suite for designing, compiling and deploying the Informix 4GL apps
Maximize the technical capacity of your classic apps or set off on the new development.
Run your 4GL apps in a modern and technologically open context.
Your I4GL apps will work out of the box
Highly customizable (CSS, Themes) web and desktop clients
Intermediate Representation (IR)
Cross-platform, independent of the source and target languages
Futures and Streams
Scalable, flexible, secure
For batch operations
Lycia goes with the neutral system theme out of the box.
Create your own and customize the look and feel of your apps or even go for their complete rebranding.
Lycia provides a wide choice of interface components, including those essential for smooth conversion of classic 4GL applications.
- MS SQL Server
- XML & JSON API
- Web Services API
- Interface with Java/C/C++
- Utils/Math API
Eclipse-based graphical IDE
- Project Manager
- Visual Debugger
- Version Control
- Code Editor
- GUI Form Designer
Graphic Form Designer
- Build up your form in visual editor, and Form Designer will generate simple & clear XML for you
- The form preview in the design area updates in real time, even when changes are made manually to the XML. Lycia supports the round-trip editing of design and code view and always keeps them in sync
- Easily style your forms using CSS or by applying themes
- BIRT reports are fully integrated into the Lycia suite: design reports in LyciaStudio and retrieve them straight from a BIRT server at runtime either by using an URL or BIRT API
- With its wide range of analytical tools, BIRT supports day-to-day and strategic business both at the decision-making and operational levels.
- BIRT offers interactive report creation and customization against a wide range of data sources
“Lycia allows an unexpectedly high ROI by preserving your invaluable applications that have been working for years, while turning them into modern applications”
Eric Vercelletto Member of the Board of Directors of IIUG, President at Guide-SHARE France, groupe Informix
“It has always seemed that when you purchase Lycia or any of their other products you aren’t buying software but are being granting membership in the Querix family”
Art S. Kagel President and Principal Consultant at ASK Database Management
“With Lycia you get an easy to learn yet powerful programing language, interfaces to Java and C, plus built-in Web services tools, a fully featured IDE, Desktop and Web Deployment, access to CVS systems from the IDE, compatibility with Windows and Linux, and, compared to its competitors, Lycia generates binary executable files, not p-code”
Ivan Vega Herrera CEO at VH Interactive Studios