Don't let your 4GL applications age.
Lycia is all-in-one software suite that edits, compiles and deploys the Informix 4GL source code and forms of your classic applications, and runs them in a modern and technologically open context.
Give your classic app new life, extend it with new features and modules, or develop a whole new app with Lycia.
Why would you want to use Lycia?
Recompile an Informix 4GL app, get zero to none errors and present it on a GUI client that runs on a multitude of platforms
- Cross-platform Desktop Client.
- Cross-browser Web Client.
- Highly customizable (CSS3, HTML5, Themes)
- MS SQL Server
Eclipse based Graphical IDE
- Project Manager
- Visual Debugger
- Version Control
- Code Editor
- GUI Form Designer
- XML & JSON API
- Web Services API
- Interface with Java/C/C++
- Utils/Math API
Backward compatible with Informix 4GL
Compile your classic 4GL app with Lycia and use it “as is”:
- No changes to the source code
- No changes to the original forms
- No changes to the business logic
Develop once, deploy anywhere
- Lycia converts 4GL source code into Intermediate Representation (IR)
- IR is cross-platform, independent of the source and target languages
- During deployment, IR gets translated into the native machine codes optimized for execution on a target machine
Lycia goes with the neutral system theme out of the box.
Create your own and customize the look and feel of your apps or even go for their complete rebranding.
Lycia provides a wide choice of interface components, including those essential for smooth conversion of classic 4GL applications.
Futures and Streams
Scalable, flexible, secure
Efficient for batch operations
- Call the external services from your 4GL app or turn the app itself into a web service.
- Make it part of a large cloud service without time-consuming custom coding.
- Expose a web service in your app by simply defining the function in the code with the ‘web_’ prefix.
Lycia automatically handles the rest of the setup, to ensure your web service adheres to the REST architectural style.
- Open the door to the integration of other popular languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++, C#, D, Swift, and more…
Graphic Form Designer
- Form Designer allows you to build up your form in visual editor, and then generates simple & clear XML which you can easily modify at any time.
- The form preview in the design area updates in real time, even when changes are made manually to the XML. Lycia supports the round-trip editing of design and code view and always keeps them in sync.
- Easily style your forms using custom CSS, or more simply by applying themes.
- All previous form formats are automatically upgraded to our simple XML format and can then be manipulated using the graphic Form Designer.
- BIRT reports are fully integrated into the Lycia suite: the LyciaStudio IDE contains the BIRT designer Eclipse plugin, while Lycia can compile code in your 4GL application which retrieves BIRT reports straight from a BIRT server at runtime, either using a URL or the BIRT API.
- With its wide range of analytical tools, BIRT supports day-to-day and strategic business both at the decision-making and operational levels.
- With a rich set of intuitive enterprise tools, BIRT offers interactive report creation and customization against a wide range of data sources.
Easily Augment 4GL Apps With Modern-Day Features
Save time, money and efforts on migrating to another technology.
Don’t take risks. Preserve the bullet proof business logic, performance and reliability of your old good 4GL app.
Extend you apps with new functionality that is not recognized by genuine Informix 4GL.
Single Form Format
Design all your forms in Lycia with a single XML format. Even your old Genero forms are converted to our single format, making your existing code simpler to work with.
Compatible with Genero
We’ve designed Lycia to import and compile Genero code from any version of Genero. If it compiles in Genero, it compiles in Lycia
We love to work and sell Lycia because it really is a smart, innovative and reliable product. Lycia allows an unexpectedly high ROI by preserving your invaluable applications that have been working for years, while turning them into modern applications, highly integrated with Desktop, Mobile and Cloud technologies. This all happens with minimal migration effort: the application code remains the same and works ‘as is’, you just have to, if you wish, dedicate a very reasonable amount of time to customize the application visual layout.
I have worked with the Querix team for many years and have always been impressed with their dedication to their customers and to the integrity and quality of the product. It has always seemed that when you purchase Lycia or any of their other products you aren’t buying software but are being granting membership in the Querix family. Because of this attitude of being a single team with their customers, problems get resolved quickly and customer ideas and feature requests are accepted and acted upon. They care and that goes a long way towards the level of customer satisfaction we enjoy.
People ask me why I choose Lycia over other i4GL-compatible tools. From a Developer point of view, if you come from classic i4GL or other 4GL background, you have the advantage of already knowing the programming language, so switching to Lycia is a very smooth road to walk. If you come from another programing language, be it procedural or object-oriented, the programming language is very easy to learn: in my own experience it took me just a month to become proficient. If you are more comfortable with platforms such as C or Java and you feel that certain aspects of your program would be easier to code in C or Java, you still can do that with the interfaces Lycia provides.
In plain words with Lycia you get an easy to learn yet powerful programing language, interfaces to Java and C, plus built-in Web services tools, a fully featured IDE, Desktop and Web Deployment, access to CVS systems from the IDE, compatibility with Windows, Linux, and MAC OS (even other Operating Systems if you need them) and, compared to its competitors, Lycia generates binary executable files, not p-code. Beyond the programing tasks, the management of the source code and the deployment to your production server is as easy as two mouse clicks.
Lycia License includes top quality support from our renowned support team
Lycia IDE LicenseLyciaStudio
- Develop and manage Lycia 4GL apps
- Compile classic 4GL code
- Build layouts with Graphical Form Designer
- Easily expose REST web services
- Interface with Java and C/C++ code
- Edit BIRT Reports
Lycia Runtime LicenseLyciaWeb, LyciaDesktop
- Run the respective number of apps developed/compiled under a LyciaStudio license on any of the supported platforms and browsers
* Until you purchase additional Lycia Runtime Licenses for each user, apps compiled with LyciaStudio will run only on the same computer where they were compiled.